The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM), a 501(c)(6) professional association, is dedicated to advancing family medicine to improve health through a community of teachers and scholars. We provide resources, training, and advocacy to help health professionals at medical schools and residency programs educate future family physicians. We are an equal opportunity employer; diversity is a core value of our organization.
Role: The Junior Web Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes, implements, and supports web applications and components. The Developer works closely with staff, SaaS vendors, hosting providers, and contractors to create a comprehensive online experience for STFM and other supported associations.
To be considered, submit a resume and a cover letter that includes a statement of interest and your salary requirements to Larry Peery at email@example.com.
- Create, support, and maintain data-driven processes and report generation
- Design, code, test and support web applications
- Enhance existing applications and processes by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing web applications by troubleshooting and debugging
- Create technical requirements and documentation
- Work with integrating SaaS solutions such as Association, Content, and Learning Management Systems
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Recommend changes to keep STFM aligned with the latest technologies
- Ability to update database architecture – including creating databases, tables, altering database columns and working with data types
- Strong grasp of Design Patterns and Object Oriented design
- Debugging skills
- Ability to stay focused and detail-oriented in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to research and resolve complex issues
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with Umbraco and Composite C1 CMS is a plus
- High School Diploma is required
- Certificate, Associate, or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
- Experience can be substituted for education requirements