The STFM Foundation supports 15 scholarships of $750 to help cover travel expenses for residents to attend the full-day Faculty for Tomorrow Preconference Workshop at the STFM Annual Spring Conference.
Dedicated Funding for Underrepresented in Medicine Residents
Thanks to generous support from donors to the Underrepresented in Medicine Campaign, the STFM Foundation is able to provide additional scholarships for underrepresented in medicine applicants. The Association of American Medical Colleges defines underrepresented in medicine as: “those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population.”
Congratulations 2018 Recipients!
- Mustafa Alavi, MD, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Joanna Campodonico, MD, MPH, University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix FMR, Phoenix, AZ
- Michelle Crespo, MD, MPH, California Hospital Medical Center/University of Southern California FMRP, Los Angeles, CA
- Milap Dubal, MD, MPH, UW Family Medicine & Community Health FMR, Madison, WI.
- Eliza Hutchinson, MD, Swedish First Hill FMR, Seattle, WA
- Anna Jack, MD, University of Rochester/Highland Hospital FMR, Rochester, NY
- Lindsay Nakaishi, MD, MPH, UPMC Shadyside FMR, Pittsburgh, PA
- Abayomi Ogunwale, MD, MPH, McGovern Medical School, University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX
- Cleveland Piggott, Jr, MD, MPH, University of Colorado FMR, Aurora, CO
- Julia Tse, MD, Greater Lawrence FMR, Lawrence, MA
- Michael Yee, MD, PhD, Loma Linda University Health Education Consortium FMR, Loma Linda, CA