The STFM Foundation supports multiple scholarships to cover registration expenses for residents to attend the full-day Faculty for Tomorrow Preconference Workshop at the STFM Annual Spring Conference. Scholarship recipients are chosen based on essays they have written to answer the questions "Why are you interested in teaching family medicine?" and "How do you think you can make a difference in the future of family medicine?"
Dedicated Funding for Underrepresented in Medicine Residents
Thanks to generous support from donors to the Underrepresented in Medicine Campaign, the STFM Foundation is able to provide additional scholarships for underrepresented in medicine applicants. The Association of American Medical Colleges defines underrepresented in medicine as: “those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population.”
Congratulations to our 2023 Faculty for Tomorrow Resident Scholars
- Andrea Banuelos Mota, MD, MPH - UCLA Santa Monica Family Medicine Residency Program, Santa Monica, CA
- Echo Buffalo-Ellison, MD - University of Virginia Family Medicine Residency Program, Charlottesville, VA
- Kristen R. Canady, MD, PhD - UT Health San Antonio Family and Community Medicine Residency, San Antonio, TX
- Charles Chatman Jr., MD - University of Mississippi Medical Center Family Medicine, Jackson, MS
- Heather Cohen, MD - San Joaquin General Hospital Family Medicine Residency, French Camp, CA
- Whitney Crowe, MD, MS, NCMP - Texas A&M Family Medicine Residency Program, Bryan, TX
- Rachelle Ford, MD - Kaiser Permanente Greater Sacramento Valley Family Medicine Residency, Oakland, CA
- Corinne Gibbons, MD, MPH - Lawrence Family Medicine Residency, Lawrence, MA
- Anita Isama, MD - Cook County Family Medicine Residency Program, Chicago, IL
- Elizabeth Kane, MD - University of Pennsylvania Family Medicine Residency Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Magdelene May, DO - Mercy Health Anderson Hospital Family and Community Medicine Residency Program, Cincinnati, OH
- Ashley Mitton, PsyD - UMass Chan Medical School Family Medicine Residency, Worcester, MA
- Roxana J Moraga, MD - Northwestern McGaw Family Medicine Residency at Lake Forest, Grayslake, IL
- Omosefe Ogbeifun, MD,MPH - Cahaba-UAB Family Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Jackie Ordemann, MD, MPH - Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana, Missoula, MT
- Laveena Sehgal, MD - MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Residency Program, Washington D.C.
- Gillian Walcott, MD, MPH, MBA - Howard University Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, Washington, D.C.
- Tiffany Yu, MD - Adventist Health Hanford Family Medicine Residency, Hanford, CA