Step 1: Update Your Presentation Status
Go to https://submit.stfm.org. For each of your accepted Conference on Medical Student Education abstracts you will see two links—"Will Present at Virtual Conference" and "Withdraw." If after reviewing the presentation instructions below, you agree to present virtually then you must click on the link "Will Present at Virtual Conference." If you cannot present virtually, then you must click on the "Withdraw" link. You must click one of these two links for each STFM Conference on Medical Student Education pending submission.
Please be sure to follow the instructions in Step 1 above otherwise we will be sending you reminder emails each week.
Step 2: Preparing Your Virtual Presentation Based on Your Accepted Category
All presentations will be pre-recorded and available to attendees to view at their own convenience on-demand. On-demand presentations will be available during and up to 3 weeks following the virtual conference January 26-28, 2022. There will also be a comment section under each video presentation for viewers to leave comments/questions and for the presenter to comment/reply.
Oral Presentations: Presentations will be limited to no more than 30 minutes maximum. Presenters will be responsible for creating a recorded, narrated PowerPoint that will then be available for viewing on the conference platform. If you are more comfortable and prefer to use another program such as Zoom, WebEx, etc that would be acceptable as long as the program used can save the file as an MP4.
How to Record Your Presentation with PowerPoint:
- Record a narrated PowerPoint in a quiet, uncluttered environment (video narration is optional)
- Save your file as a .pptx (for your records)
- Export your file as an .mp4 (when choosing video quality, please select Internet Quality)
- File should be named: submission ID #_video (i.e. 4567_video.mp4)
Resources on creating a narrated PowerPoint:
- Record A Slide Show With Narration
- Making A PowerPoint Video Presentation © American Academy of PAs. Used with permission.
Handouts: All handouts associated with your presentation should be saved as a single PDF file and named submission ID #_handout.pdf - (i.e. 4567_handout.pdf).
Poster Presentation Sessions: All poster presentations will include a visual of the poster, abstract, and an optional 10 minute video recording.
How to Create Your Poster Presentation:
- Create your poster with PowerPoint
Your document should be 12” x 9"
- No font size smaller than 12 pt should be used
- Don’t use small graphics or charts
- If you want to share a lot of data, information, and/or small graphics we recommend you use a QR code on the poster for attendees to access this additional information or include the additional information as a PDF handout
- Save the file for your records
- Export the file as a .jpg or .png to send STFM
- File should be named: submission ID #_poster (i.e. 4567_poster.png)
- Record 10 minute presentation video about your poster project (Optional)
- Upload your video to YouTube
- How-to resource for uploading a video to YouTube: Upload videos - YouTube Help
- Link for YouTube video should be for embedded link - similar to https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxx
- See https://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/get-embed-urllink-youtube-video/ for how to get the embed link
- Supplemental Handout (Optional)
- All handouts associated with your presentation should be saved as a single PDF file and named submission ID #_handout.pdf - (i.e. 4567_handout.pdf).
Step 3: Upload Your Presentation to STFM
Instructions on how to upload your presentation and file to STFM will be sent in mid November.
**Please note: Once your file is submitted no changes or modifications can be made to the file. Be sure to practice and review your file(s) before submitting.**
In order to release this content by the start of the STFM Conference on Medical Student Education (January 26, 2022), all materials are due to STFM by Tuesday, December 21, 2021. Only presentations received by this deadline will be available at the virtual conference. We are unable to accept any additional presentations after this date.
All presenters are required to register for the STFM Conference on Medical Student Education. Registration will open in early November. Additional information can be found on stfm.org/mse
Please review your profile by visiting https://www.stfm.org and clicking "Member Portal" in the upper right menu to ensure your name, credentials, and email address are complete. Also ask your co-presenters to review their profiles. The email in your STFM account will be used for access to the conference!
Thank you for reviewing these instructions. We hope you will decide to present and join us at the 2022 STFM Conference on Medical Student Education.