CERA Seeks New Mentor Director
The CAFM Educational Research Alliance (CERA) is now accepting applications for a mentor director. This is a 2-year position, with an option for an additional 2-years.
Eligibility: An active member of any CAFM organization with research knowledge and expertise. The mentor director is appointed by the CERA steering committee chair.
- Participate in two half-day meetings plus conference calls/email discussions as needed to offer ideas and make decisions on the priorities, direction, and initiatives of CERA
- Actively recruit CERA mentors through presentations and outreach through CAFM organizations
- Work with CERA survey directors to identify mentors and reviewers for each survey
- Maintain and update a contact list of potential mentors/reviewers
- Recruit new volunteers for CERA mentorship or reviewing
- Develop training materials and train CERA mentors
- Communicate regularly with mentors to ensure they are progressing with teams on scholarly projects
- Write a monthly email‘newsletter – the CERA Minute – to keep mentors informed of survey schedules and CERA new
- Lead roundtables at STFM and NAPCRG for CERA mentors to answer questions, address concerns, provide training
- Track which mentors are attached to which projects and communicate that information to staff
Travel to CERA meetings are paid by CERA.
The term begins on April 1, 2020. To apply, send a statement of interest listing relevant experience to Allison Woodworth by December 20.
CERA, the CAFM Educational Research Alliance, is a framework to focus and support medical education research. Learn more about CERA.Learn More