Position duration: October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
August 15, 2019—STFM is accepting applications for a task force to develop national guidelines that define the amount of time needed by faculty to meet the non-clinical requirements of residency programs. This is in response to a national trend toward maximizing clinical productivity of faculty, which reduces the amount of time available teach and to meet administrative responsibilities and accreditation requirements.
The task force, which will be chaired by Simon Griesbach, MD, Assistant Director, Waukesha Family Medicine Residency, Waukesha, WI
Specifically, the task force will:
- Develop Joint Guidelines for Protected Non-Clinical Time for Faculty in Family Medicine Residency Programs
- Make recommendations for dissemination of those guidelines
- Publish the guidelines in a peer-reviewed publication
- Publish the guidelines in publications targeted at hospital administration
- Present or identify speakers to present the guidelines at conferences
- Appeal to the ACGME for changes in its requirements
The task force will have one 2-day in-person meeting in early 2020. Travel expenses will be paid by STFM. Other work will be done virtually. Task force members will be encouraged to contribute to the dissemination of the guidelines through presentations.
To be considered for the task force, send your name, email address, job title, program/institution affiliation, and a one-page overview of skills and experience that make you a good candidate for the task force to Mary Theobald, email@example.com by September 13, 2019.