STFM is now accepting applications for individuals interested in serving on the STFM Foundation Board of Trustees. There are four open positions in 2020.
The STFM Foundation was established in 1975 to support the mission of STFM. Supporting pipeline programs that recruit and develop family medicine faculty for tomorrow is the Foundation’s highest priority. Specifically, the Foundation
- Supports the leadership development of young family medicine teachers
- Identifies, develops, and encourages underrepresented minority faculty and learners who are pursuing careers in academic family medicine
- Provides seed money to galvanize innovative STFM projects and initiatives
- Harnesses the passion of promising medical students through conference scholarships that encourage them to consider academic careers
- Provides training and mentorship for new faculty and residents interested in teaching
Although most of the programs and initiatives funded by the Foundation directly benefit STFM members, their impact is much broader. Medical students, residents, faculty, and family medicine professionals gain from the Foundation’s leadership development success. The Foundation believes that by championing family medicine education, all who pursue its goals and rewards reap the benefits - whether you are teachers, providers, patients, or others in the larger health care community.
To apply, please submit the following to Pat Lodge, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-274-7928 by December 2, 2019:
- Statement of interest
- Trustee nomination form
Final approval of the new Trustees will occur in late February at the STFM Board meeting. Read the expectations document for duties, term information, and application requirements.