July 29, 2020—STFM is now accepting applications for a small task force to develop resources to train family medicine educators and learners on the business of medicine. This is part of STFM's new initiative, chaired by Christine Arenson, MD, to position academic family medicine in health systems.
Specifically, this team will:
- Identify or develop curriculum for residents that covers the ACGME requirements for systems-based practice
- Develop online and in-person training for faculty on:
- Health systems structure
- Health systems finances
- Working within a health system
- Educating residents and students about health systems
- Becoming a leader in a health system
- Analyzing data for health systems
- Identify opportunities to weave health systems' leadership training into STFM fellowships
This work will be done virtually between September 2020 and June 2021 (in-person training may take place after that time frame).
To apply, send a letter of interest to Mary Theobald at email@example.com.