February 1, 2021—STFM is now accepting applications for a host for a new STFM podcast focusing on career advice for Underrepresented in Medicine (URM) residents.
The URM Initiative Faculty Pipeline work group is developing a podcast series that will explore the academic track for family medicine residents with a particular focus on the unique perspectives and experiences of URM learners and faculty. Sample topics will include academic advancement and CV advice, contract negotiation, implicit bias in medicine, writing a good poster presentation, and how to chart a leadership career path.
Host responsibilities include:
- Spending approximately 1.5 hours per episode recording approximately 20 planned episodes during the next 1.5 years
- Corresponding as needed with podcast guests selected by the URM Pipeline work group
- Preparing for each episode with background research and episode outlines
STFM will provide logistical, technical, and administrative support, as well as a $1,000 honorarium.
To apply, please submit the following to Rusty Nail at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22:
- Letter of interest including your relevant experiences in
- Medical or residency faculty positions
- Relevant scholarly or service work
- Particular interest in the work of the URM Initiative and this podcast
- A biosketch or brief CV