August 1, 2022— The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine is now accepting applications for Behavioral Science/Family Systems Educator Fellowship (BFEF) Co-Director. The BFEF Fellowship offers training, tools, and mentorship for new faculty responsible for coordinating or teaching the behavioral science/family systems curriculum.
The co-director serves a 3-year term starting October 2023 and will start in October 2022 for 1-year of shadowing with the current fellowship co-director. This position will be reimbursed up to $600 in travel expenses to attend the STFM Annual Spring Conference during their term.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting small group mentors and offering support to the small group mentors throughout the fellowship year
Other responsibilities include:
- Recruiting fellows
- Developing the Fellowship curriculum
- Participate in training fellows during the year including three in-person sessions at the following events:
- Two consecutive STFM Annual Spring Conferences (the start of the fellowship year and the conclusion/graduation of the fellowship year)
- The Forum for Behavioral Science in Family Medicine