August 1, 2022—The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine is now accepting applications for a faculty position with the Emerging Leaders Fellowship. The Emerging Leaders Fellowship offers training, tools, and support for new faculty and those who are transitioning to leadership roles.
Faculty serve a 2-year term from May 2023 to May 2025 with the option to serve for a second term. Faculty will help with application reviews in the fall of 2022 for the incoming 2023 fellowship class, and will be reimbursed up to $800 in travel expenses to the STFM Annual Spring Conference during their term.
Faculty responsibilities include:
- Working with the fellowship chair to develop and facilitate fellowship content focused on leadership skill development, project design, and execution.
- Facilitating at least 2 of the monthly 1-hour conference calls with fellows
- Attending and facilitating a 1-day workshop at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Plan and facilitate the 2-hour leadership lab workshop at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Serving as an advisor for fellows on their leadership practicum projects
- Working with the fellowship chair to review applications for the incoming fellowship class