Call for Applications for Faculty Leads for Presentations on Destigmatizing Mental Health Treatment
Deadline to Apply is March 15, 2023
March 1, 2023—The STFM Board of Directors has approved a 16-month project to reduce mental health stigma for family medicine faculty, residents, and students. This project will build on work completed over the past several months by a short-term workgroup.
The goals of the project are to:
- Increase awareness of factors contributing to faculty, resident, and student reluctance to seek mental health treatment
- Empower family medicine leaders, faculty, residents, and students to break the cycle of mental health stigma
STFM is now accepting applications for two faculty leads who will coordinate presentations at conferences, including but not limited to:
- STFM Conference on Medical Student Education
- AAFP Residency Program Solutions
- AAFP National Conference of Residents and Students: How residents and students can break the cycle of mental health stigma
- STFM Annual Spring Conference
- AAFP Annual Chapter Leadership Forum
- STFM Conference on Practice and Quality Improvement
Faculty leads will be expected to submit abstracts and either present or recruit qualified presenters. Travel and conference registrations will be paid by STFM. Each faculty lead will receive a $1,500 honorarium.
To apply, send a letter outlining your interest and qualifications to Mary Theobald at email@example.com.