We are recruiting core faculty and faculty instructors to develop the following components of the Certificate Program, which will launch in summer 2024.
- Workshop Component:
- Participants must attend three POCUS workshops.
- Online Modules:
- Participants must complete an STFM module series focused on teaching as well as content-based POCUS modules.
- Participants will be assigned a POCUS mentor as a resource during their time enrolled in the certificate program.
- Education Review:
- Virtual education reviews focusing on giving feedback on images as you would to your learner.
- Image Portfolio:
- Participants will upload images for faculty to review and give feedback. This will give participants the opportunity to receive individual feedback as well as getting signed off scans to use for credentialing.
- Final Assessment:
- Participants must successfully pass a written knowledge assessment and an in-person skills performance exam.
Core Faculty Role:
- Oversee the certificate program
- Participate in workshop and module development
- Adjust certificate program based on feedback
- Lead for components of the certificate program
- Attend and instruct at STFM POCUS workshops (in-person and virtual). Required to attend the advanced POCUS workshop at CPQI and a virtual Educator’s Workshop every year.
- Lead the creation of at least one module in the online module series
- Mentor 15% of the participants enrolled in the mentorship program per year (maximum 5)
- Review images in the image portfolio.
- Review 50% of 2 different image topics
- Pass/fail images and provide brief feedback
- Participate in three educational reviews a year (2-hour session)
- Assist in grading virtual and in person hands-on assessments. Must grade in person assessments at the workshop they attend
- Sign up to be a faculty lead of one component of the certificate program
- Engage in editing and adjusting the COC program based on feedback and experiences.
- Letter of support from department to participate as faculty
- Estimated Annual Time Commitment Estimates ~100 hours per year
- Workshops: 32 hours/year
- Mentorship: 24 hours/year
- Education Review: 12 hours/year
- Image Portfolio: 20 hours/year in 2024, 40 hours in 2025
- Assessment: 6 hours/year
- Total: 100-120 hours/year
- $3000 honoraria per year starting in 2024
- $1800 stipend for travel expenses for in-person workshops
- $2000 honoraria for the initial module development in 2023
Faculty Instructor Role
- Participate in the creation of modules
- Contribute as a workshop instructor
- Attend education review
- Peer-review one module
- Attend at least one POCUS workshop a year (virtual or in person)
- Lead one educational review session per year
- Assist in grading in person modules while at workshop
- $1,800 stipend for travel expenses for in-person workshops
Applicants for core faculty or instructor faculty roles to lead the new certificate program will be requested to:
- complete a short survey
- upload a CV
- upload a letter of support from leadership at their institution
Click Here to Apply by June 9