Ebony Whisenant, MD, Named Chair of the Newly Formed Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Accessibility Committee (DEIA) STFM Standing Committee
October 3, 2022—Ebony Whisenant, MD, has been named the first chair of the newly formed Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Accessibility Committee (DEIA) STFM Standing Committee. Dr Whisenant currently serves on the faculty team with the Medical College of Georgia and directs a PC transformation executive fellowship.
In addition, she has served on the URM initiative and is a former New Faculty Scholar.
Her duties include:
- Oversight of Antiracism Learning Collaborative and other antiracism activities in concert with other STFM committees and collaboratives. The current Antiracism Task Force is slated to continue through 2023, and its work would transition to the DEIA Committee after the task force sunsets.
- URM Leadership Development Initiatives – Dr Whisenant and the committee will investigate and implement approaches to lead activities that develop more URiM faculty and leaders
- Oversee the STFM Diversity Award – Dr Whisenant and the committee will screen nominations and make a recommendation to the Board for final approval.
- Oversight of URM Mentorship Program – Dr Whisenant and will provide coordination for the various programs and activities related to URiM coaching and mentoring, working with the faculty and collaboratives who run the activities.
- Oversight of Accessibility Work – Working in concert with other committees, Dr Whisenant and the DEIA Committee will explore approaches to increase the level of access and reasonable accommodations to STFM activities for members with disabilities.
To join Dr Whisenant and serve on the newly formed STFM Standing Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Accessibility (DEIA), please send a statement of interest touching on (1) previous committee of group experience (specify STFM, other non-profit, or other), (2) a commitment to DEIA and antiracism work, (3) relevant scholarly work, (4) other special characteristics, perspectives, and (5) experiences that would make you a strong contributor to the STFM DEIA committee, as well as a committee nomination form to Emily Walters by November 15, 2022 at email@example.com or call 913-800-5677 for more information.