Position duration: March 2023 – February, 2024, with the opportunity for renewal
December 1, 2022—STFM is accepting applications for a task force to develop strategies and resources to help family medicine residency programs implement competency-based medical education (CBME). This work will build upon outcomes of a consensus-building summit being held in January 2023. Specifically, the task force will:
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Identify and aggregate available training and resources
- Develop new assessments and assessment approaches
- Identify strategies for including residents in the assessment process
- Create a plan for faculty development
- Create a plan for piloting new assessments and assessment approaches
- Create a plan for disseminating training and resources through STFM conferences, collaboratives, and journals
- Begin to create a blueprint or change package to help residencies improve
The task force, which will be chaired by Linda Montgomery, MD, MA, vice chair of education, University of Colorado Department of Family Medicine, Denver, CO.
Task force members will be expected to attend the following meetings:
- March 16, 2023, 10-noon CT virtual
- June 8-9 2023 in person
- August 10-11, 2023 in person
- October 5-6 2023 in person
Travel expenses will be paid by STFM. Task force members will be encouraged to contribute to the dissemination of the resources through presentations and publications.
To be considered for the task force, send your name, email address, job title, program/institution affiliation, and a one-page overview of skills and experience that make you a good candidate for the task force to Mary Theobald, email@example.com by January 13, 2023.